Plead Not Guilty To Speeding Ticket Charges – Keep The Money In Your Pocket

Plead Not Guilty To Speeding Ticket Charges – Keep The Money In Your Pocket

If you are steaming mad about your ticket and ready to fight it, then figuring out how to plead not guilty to speeding ticket charges is the way to win. Getting a speeding ticket is a humiliating experience and you’re entitled to be upset. To add insult to injury, the system is rigged against you. The court system is intimidating and set up to efficiently extract cash from your wallet. Not to administer justice. Don’t let them do this to you. You can beat them at their own game if you know how. To plead not guilty to speeding ticket charges is where to start.

The best way to start beating your ticket is to delay your court date. The first thing you do is plead not guilty and that starts the delaying process. This increases your odds of beating your ticket. A couple of things to keep in mind:

Only 5% of all tickets are contested. Around 40% or almost half of that 5% get completely dismissed with the officer not showing up as the main reason. Delaying the case increases the odds of the officer not showing up and you can ask for the case to be dismissed if they don’t. In over 95% of the cases where they don’t show up, the judge will grant your request.

The more time you put between when your ticket was written and the court case, the less the officer will remember about your case. Writing tickets is routine for an officer. They write 5-10 per day. Just like any repetitive task, you quickly forget details. Your defense is now easier because the officer won’t remember details of your case.

The following specific steps are how to plead not guilty to speeding ticket charges and start the delay:

Plead not guilty by just checking the not guilty box on your ticket and mail before the due date.

You’ll get a response from the court system with an arraignment date. An arraignment is simply for you to formally enter your plea. Plead not guilty and go home.

You’ll then get a summons with a court date assigned.

Send back a request for a new date with any reason you want to make. This is called a Motion to Continue.

You’ll get a new summons with a new court date assigned.

Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you get a denial letter. They will usually allow you do this 3 or 4 times before denying.

With the first step you take to Plead Not Guilty to Speeding Ticket charges, you have increased your odds of beating the system.